Zara Rutherford, a 19-year old young lady is flying around the world from August 18 to November 4, 2021 with a Shark ultralight aircraft to beat the world record as the youngest female pilot to solo circumnavigate the world in an ultralight, currently held by a 30 year old.
When we saw the BBC interview, we decided we had to help her out and make her passage in our neck of the world as amazing as can be. We jumped on our email writing and contacter her team. Right away, we were selected as Zara’s fixer and airside people for her short stay here.
She will be passing through Montreal around August 23rd and departing two days later. Let’s make her passage a memorable one and let’s show our encouragement to this bright and inspiring woman.
You are all welcome to come to St-Hubert airport to welcome her and get inspired by this daring young woman who represents the next generation of aviatrices. For all details on the event, please click here.
Zara will be in Montreal for 36 hours as she has included a rest day here. Let’s make her passage a memorable one and let’s show our encouragement to this bright and inspiring woman.
We’d like to thank all of the people and companies who have agreed to welcome her and provide her with all the services she needs:
- Dash-L (L’Aéroport de Saint-Hubert) helps Sandrine coordinate everything and waives the landing fees
- École Nationale d’Aérotechnique provides their ramp, a hangar and Zara’s fuel
- Pratt & Whitney organizes a meal in her honor the day after her arrival
- Nabu pro provides snacks and beverages for her flight to New York
- Hub FBO provides their hangar for the meal organized in her honor
- TMC Group, one of her sponsors, will host Zara during her stay